Sunday 13 July 2014

JULY PLAYLIST

This is another new idea that I saw on someone's blog that I liked the look of. I am unoriginal, I know. I'd like to add as an afterthought that writing this has inspired me and made me realise how much I love writing about music- expect more of these.

The Chain- Fleetwood Mac
I am a massive fan of 1960s-1980s music and right now my Father and I are really into 'The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac' album, most of which is fantastic. The Chain is a fantastic song with the most amazing bass line ever (seriously, it gives you chills) and it was virtually impossible to pick a favourite from the album.

Hate My Life- Theory of a Deadman
This is an old song (2008 to be exact), like all Theory of a Deadman songs the lyrics are witty and often very funny. This song has the skill of being very whiny while also being very catchy and having some beautiful melodies in it.

Don't Stop- 5 Seconds of Summer
I'd previously stayed away from 5 Seconds of Summer as they were on tour with One Direction so were automatically labled as a 'boy band'. In reality, while they have a mostly young-girl fan-base, they are more on the Busted/McFly level of playing their own instruments, and also being really catchy. I love it.

Through the Dark- KT Tunstall
As a child we listened to a fair amount of KT Tunstall (check out 'Suddenly I See') and as I've started listening to her again I've remembered how much I loved her and how much she inspired me (I wrote a cheesy song aged below 10 that I can still remember to this day thanks to her). Through the Dark is so beautiful I've fallen right back in love with KT.

Bones- Young Guns
Part of the reason I love this song so much is that it brings me back to last summer where I discovered Young Guns for the first time, Bones reminds me of summer in a happy and warm way (you know what I mean) and I am super excited to see YG at Reading Festival this year (eeeeeee!). Bones is an amazing song that makes me want to stand in the street or on something high and scream it at the top on my lungs; Bones does what every song should, it makes me feel.

Letterbomb- Green Day
American Idiot is full of the most incredible songs that the songs at the end of the album often get overlook in favour of the most famous ones. Coming before Wake Me Up When September Ends, I feel that Letterbomb is probably very often skipped over but it definitely shouldn't. This song is stunning and deserves to be right there at the top with the likes of Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Holiday. Coming from someone who subconsciously overlooked this song for years, I can tell you that you're missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment