Friday 25 July 2014

NAILED IT

In my summer essentials post I mentioned I had too many nail varnishes that I wanted to talk about so I was making a separate post. And this is it. Enjoy.
In case any of you were wondering I am going to be wearing black nail varnish (Topshop's 'Cloak and Dagger') on my fingers for all my summer camping trips because (as gross as this sounds) camping is quite dirty and dark colours means you can't see the dirt under your nails. On holiday I will most likely be wearing Rimmel's Rita Ora collection in 'White Hot Love' as lighter nails in the summer make you look more tanned. And for the whole summer I will be wearing Topshop's 'Tidal' on my toes as it is one of those colours that looks good on both fingers and feet and that doesn't happen very often with nail varnish.

The Long-Term Favourites:
My long term favourites are Topshop's Parma Violet (I'm obsessed with the name of this one, I love it when nail varnishes have fun names) and Tidal. Parma Violet is the prettiest lilac colour ever and Tidal is a light grey/pale blue colour depending on the light and it is just beautiful.
Also, not a Topshop colour, is one of my most favouritest nail varnishes in the whole world which I must have been wearing for at least three years now, it's an Accessorize nail varnish in the colour Teal and it's the loveliest greeny-blue colour and it looks absolutely beautiful on its own or with a silver glitter pained over the top.
Barry M's 'Peach Melba' has been a long-term staple in my nail varnish collection and is a great summer colour; my favourite way to wear 'Peach Melba' is actually with a matte top coat on top and I personally think it looks better and so much prettier that way.

This is an old a well loved bottle so I apologise for the appearance; the most accurate view of the colour is the bottom half of the bottle
Sand and Sea:
This is my collection colours that kind of reminds me of being at the beach. My favourite colour in my 'beach' collection are Models Own Fruit Pastel range in 'Apple Pie'; I have spoken about this one a few times but it is the most perfect pastel mint colour and plus it actually smells like apples, which is weird. The 'sand' colour we have is Barry M gelly high shine in 'Lychee', I wear this nude to feel grown up but I also think it could look really pretty on holiday. I'm putting the Rimmel Rita Ora in 'White Hot Love' in the 'beach' colours because sometimes sand is white. And that is all I have to say on that one, except reiterating my stuck-record point of light colours making you look more tanned.
One colour I did want for summer but never got round to getting was a light blue (or maybe also a light yellow), the two best light blues I have found and will definetly be getting are Models Own Fruit Pastel in 'Blueberry Muffin' and Rimmel Rita Ora in 'Pillow Talk' (for light yellow your best bet would probably be Models Own Fruit Pastel in 'Banana Split').

No comments:

Post a Comment