Wednesday 12 November 2014

THE ALTERNATIVE FAVOURITES

I have decided this month to pile together my recent random favourites as I thought it'd be a nice change from the normal beauty-and-added-extras favourites, and there's not enough new products that I've been loving at the moment to make a whole post on it. (Everything is kind of jumbled but I've tried to put similar things together).

-The Return of the Costa Christmas Menu 
Obviously the most important first. The Costa Christmas menu is basically the highlight of my year, I love all the festive themed drinks and cakes and super cool cups, last year I'd tried every Christmas drink on the menu by January. There's also the couple of Christmas Starbucks drinks, though Costa just have an overall wider selection; I am super upset that Costa didn't bring back their honeycomb hot chocolate because it was the best ever.
Excuse my horrible thumb.

-Planner
I think I mentioned my planner in another post recently (can't remeber which) but basically I'm obsessed with it. Sadly, one of my favourite things in life is to organise myself and the planner just excites me so much. I basically love my planner like a child.

-Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
There's more book things coming up this month but I had to mention here that I'm really enjoying 'Wuthering Heights', it's a fsntastic, weird book and everyone needs to read it. It's set on the West Yorkshire moors (where the Brontes lived) and it's fast becoming one of my all-time favourites.

-Goodreads 
I like books and I like to be organised and I like making lists. Goodreads is my new favourite thing and everyone needs to be on it. (I'd say you could follow me, but I only signed up the other day and I'm not actually sure what my username is). Does anyone else regret not documenting every book they've ever read ever?

-New Look
I haven't seriously shopped in New Look in about four years, but they are on point at the moment. Their winter (I'm talking about tartan) range is incredible and I haven't been so impressed by New Look in a long time.

-Cropped Jumpers
All of my jeans are high-waisted so I've really been loving cropped jumpers recently (no pictures as they will all be appearing in upcoming big posts). I find cropped jumpers to be really flattering and they can be dressed up or down with jeans, nice trousers or skirts.

-John Lewis Christmas Advert
This basicially signals the official start of Christmas and we are allowed to get excited. It also makes me cry like a baby, I don't like to think about last year's one.

-X Factor
I don't think I've been this into X Factor since 2010 (I was obsessed that year) but I've suddenly got really into it and there's people I actually like and quite a few really talented people and no one else is watching it this year I'm so alone in the love.

-Elissa Franceschi- Neon Lights
Elissa is an amazing singer and the sweetest person, plus her brother sings in You Me At Six, though that should play no factor as she is incredible in her own right. Her 2013 EP, 'Devoid of Rue' is amazing and I absolutely love every song on it. 'Neon Lights' comes from her latest album that came aout recently (called 'Chemicals') and I love love love it. As cheesy as it sounds, this song made me smile in a way that no other song has recently and I need someone to love Elissa as much as I do as someone will come and see her live with me.

-Body Shop Shea Lip Butter 
This has been and will be featured more in upcoming blog things (ooh exciting) but I had to mention it here. It's basically a miracle lip product, I use it every single night and I wake up with super smooth lips, I feel that my lips are now slightly dependent on it as they're super dry if I forget it for even one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment