Tuesday 6 October 2015

WHEN SIMPLE WORKS BEST - OOTD 05/10/15

Recently I've become quite a fan of basic t-shirts and wearing the colour white. I find that simple clothing looks really good a lot of the time, and I am really in love with one of my latest buys; this simple white top is from New Look and has a cute pocket on the front, it's quite slouchy (which I love) so it isn't just a boring, plain white t-shirt. I like to wear it with the equally simple-but-effective blue jeans and I either wear it with black Dr Martens boots or white Converse low-tops. With simple clothing, I also like to layer quite basic and low-key necklaces.

Just to add, I wanted to write a quick paragraph here about my favourite jeans. Topshop Jamie jeans. I've been favouring this style of jeans for well over a year now, I have them in black and blue, and I think they're possibly the most perfect jeans I've ever found. I think it's quite important to invest in some nice-quality jeans, because jeans tend to last ages and ages, so I don't really find myself minding about the £40 price tag. I like my jeans to be skinny, and these definitely are, they hug my legs in a flattering way and they haven't become baggy and misshapen over time, which is perfect. They're the style known as 'ankle grazers' so they finish just on my ankle bone, but I think that's a pretty good look with folded over socks and low-cut shoes. All in all, I love these jeans. I think they're perfect. The perfect style, the perfect fit, they've lasted ages without having to buy a new pair, and they have a soft denim feel (for some reason, I like my denim items of clothing to actually feel like denim, that's important to me when buying jeans). I can't see myself changing my jeans style for a long time.

Top- New Look (£6.99)
Jeans- Topshop Jamie (£40)
Shoes- Dr Martens (£100)


No comments:

Post a Comment