Friday 30 October 2015

FAIRYPANTS

I discovered the Chester-based, handmade, independent company 'Fairypants' on Twitter a while ago and I absolutely loved the idea of some of their products, though I've only very recently remembered about them and decided to have another look. (How amazing is their brand name and logo by the way?)
I dropped some water on it, which annoyingly damaged the label ever so slightly

Fairypants is a vegan company, and I'm not vegan, but I simply couldn't resist trying their lip balms after I saw the flavours. Fairypants' lip balm speciality is 'cocktails and cakes', and with a mixture of cocktail or desert flavoured lip balms, how could I resist? All Fairypants lip balms contain Shea butter, jojoba wax, sweet almond oil and natural colourings and flavourings, have you ever see a more lovely line-up of ingredients? (As they're a vegan company, all products are natural and none are tested on animals).

Choosing a flavour of lip balm was a near impossible task for me. Personal favourites of mine from the cocktail range were Irish cream, mojito, margarita and ameretto and cola. And from the deserts range I was tempted by key lime pie, banoffee pie, sticky toffee pudding, cherry bakewell, blueberry muffin and parma violets. They have 20 incredible flavours of lip balm, all for £3.99 each, plus many other cosmetic products.

In the end, I opted for Irish Cream after a very lovely conversation I had on Twitter with the creator/owner/inventor (I don't know what to call her) of Fairypants. I really like it when business owners get involved with people on Twitter, it adds such a nice, personal touch and it makes me all the more keen to support their company. After asking exactly what Irish Cream smelt like (exact Twitter reply: 'happiness, Rosie. It basically smells like rich coffee, and Irish Cream liqueur. Like pouring bailey's into your cuppa') I couldn't resist; if you seen the ingredients photo (above) you'll note that it contains coffee and whiskey, though it's definitely not alcoholic. This lip balm does smell incredible, I occasionally find myself sitting in my room and sniffing it while I'm browsing online. You can definitely smell the coffee and whisky but it's so good and not at all overwhelming; you can't smell it while it's on your lips, but I prefer it that way. The creator of Fairypants has said online that this lip balm is one of the more Christmasy scents, and it can definitely makes you feel all warm and wintery when you smell it. I'm desperate to try out some of the other scents, which are bound to be equally as incredible.

Now onto the lip balm itself. When I first opened it, it looked like a hard balm and I was fully prepared for that, but surprisingly it turned out the be the complete opposite. The minute I touched it, it was a lovely smooth and creamy texture that feels really good on the lips. It sinks into your lips, rather than just sitting annoyingly on top, though this does depend on how much you put on. If I'm at home or before bed, I tend to be very generous with my lip balm application, so it takes slightly longer to sink in, but I wake up with beautifully soft lips the next morning. One of the things I like about this lip balm is that it's thick but not at all greasy, and everyone knows I really cannot stand anything greasy.

It's no secret that I've tried a hell of a lot of lip balms in my time, but I'd go as far as to say that this is one of the best and one of my current favourites. I've been using for a little over a week now, and my lips are super soft and smooth. They started to peel slightly after I didn't use the lip balm for a couple of days, though that is most likely due to the awful weather, and they healed literally over night with the help of this product. My lips do not like the winter weather and I can already tell that this product is going to be a life-saver over the next few months. It's such a lovely lip balm, the thick and creamy texture is incredible and my lips feel amazing. I'd highly, highly recommend, I can't rave about it enough, and I'm itching to try out some more of their stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment