Monday 19 October 2015

OCTOBER PLAYLIST

You'll see a trend in this playlist that it's mostly entirely Clean Bandit. I've been discovering some new artists, rediscovering old favourites and finally joining the Clean Bandit obsession that my best friend has been on since last year.
(Check out those screen protector air bubbles)

'Uma Thurman'- Fall Out Boy
I challenge anyone not to dance when they hear this. I've loved Fall Out Boy for years now and this is definitely my favourite from the new(ish) album. It's so catchy and I like to sing along as loud as I can.

'Breezeblocks'- alt-J
I was first introduced to this song last Christmas and I still love it. I'm not all that bothered by the rest of alt-J's stuff but this one is absolutely incredible, it blows my mind.

'Rihanna'- Clean Bandit
This is another song that I was introduced to last Christmas, the first Clean Bandit song that I really enjoyed. I still love this song, I love the use of (what sounds like) xylophone, and my dad really loves this song as well.

'Mozart's House'- Clean Bandit
I never used to enjoy electronic music, I used to basically avoid it and look down on it a bit but damn this is catchy. I think it's so clever the way Clean Bandit mix electronic and classical music together, their violin and cello playing is absolutely beautiful and I am really enjoying their stuff.

'King'- Years & Years
Some more electronic stuff that I would never have listened to until recently. I don't have all that much to say about this one, I like it and I like the lyrics a lot, it's my favourite Years & Years song, give it a listen.

'Help Me, Rhonda'- The Beach Boys
A classic favourite. I rediscovered this recently and remembered why I loved it so much, I've had it on repeat for a while now and I just love, love, love the Beach Boys.

'Shine'- Years & Years 
This is probably the most popular Years & Years song at the moment, and the one I first listened to. It's super catchy and I have to resist dancing to it when we play it at work.

'Stronger'- Clean Bandit
More Clean Bandit, more stunning instrumentals, more love.

'Hold Me Down'- Halsey 
Everyone's obsessed with Halsey at the moment and I'm slightly behind (I've only just started listening to her). I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, I wouldn't say I'm that big a fan (I don't like all of her stuff), but this one is really, really good. I approve.

'Telephone Banking'- Clean Bandit
The final Clean Bandit song, I really love this one, it's so catchy and you can't help but enjoy it.

'Strange Love'- Halsey
More Halsey but I wanted to give this one some recognition as well (and also to mention that the album cover for 'Badlands' is so stunning). The chorus for this is catchy and great.

2 comments:

  1. Love Clean Bandit! I saw them a couple years ago supporting Bastille. I'm definitely going to give their new stuff a listen though!

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so jealous! I went from not listening to them at all to being completely obsessed!xx

      Delete