Friday 16 October 2015

SKIN SAVIOURS

I have bad skin, it's not as bad as it once was, but it's still pretty bad. This is something that I have come to accept, though I'm always on the look-out for good spot treatments (and concealers- but we all know that already). One brand that I'd never tried before is Clearasil, but I spotted it at work (you can probably guess where I work) and I thought I'd give it a try.

I picked up two spot creams from Clearasil, the Rapid Action Treatment Cream and and Blemish and Marks Treatment Cream. The Rapid Action cream claims to 'visibily reduce spot size and redness in four hours', and the Blemish and Marks cream claims to 'clear blemishes and fight the appearance of red marks'. The majority of my problem with my skin is that I have a lot of scars, marks, blemishes and redness from previous spots. Both of these creams are twice-daily applications and came in at under £6 each.

First up, the Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream. Clearing spots in four hours is a very bold claim, but this little cream surprised me. I put it on for the first time over night and I definitely noticed some changes the next morning, and my mum noticed it as well. This cream and I have got on very well. It reduces but it definitely doesn't completely clear spots within four hours, not that it claims to, I'd say it takes about two or three days for the spot to go totally. It has definitely helped me a lot and I'd highly recommend.

Now for the Clearasil Blemish and Marks Treatment Cream. I'd like to start by saying that this cream smells incredible, it has a kind of fruity-shampoo scent and my whole face smells really good after using it. I also have to say, though, that it is immensely drying to the face. I have dry skin anyway, but this leaves big dry patches where I've used it. Saying that, I'll live through dry skin if it means I have clear skin, and the dryness is nothing that can't be fixed by some good moisturiser. I'm not so sure about this cream, it has faded my scars, not as much as I would have liked, and I'm still a little bit red in the chin and forehead areas; I use it at the same time as the Rapid Action cream. I have definitely noticed some change in my scars so I'll definitely carry on using it, but I'm not entirely convinced.

I'm definitely going to try more Clearasil products soon.

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment