Wednesday 3 September 2014

AUGUST FAVOURITES

Whilst on my annual group holiday, the two other girls and myself had a very overexcited moment involving our holiday makeup collections that resulted in a massive shopping splurge when I got home. As you will probably see, the majority of my recent purchases have ended up in my August favourites.

Beauty:
-I have been banging on a lot recently about how white nails make your skin look more tanned but it really is true. My favourite white nail varnish is the Rimmel Rita Ora one in 'White Hot Love' which, though looking shimmery and off-putting in the bottle, is actually a beautiful plain white with an amazingly cheap price tag. Rimmel always do great quality products for low prices and they are fast becoming one of my favourite brands.

-Another Rimmel product is the Colour Rush Balms, not going to lie, the crayon shape of these was the initial appeal but the colour range, like with the nail varnishes, is amazing. I bought 'Not an Illusion' which is a beautiful brownish-rose (if that is possible), I'm not normally a pink-lips-person as I'm not sure how much they suit me, but this looks amazing on and is a sort of your-lips-but-better colour. I love 'Not an Illusion' so much that I am 101% going to be buying the Colour Rush Balm in 'Keep Mauving'.

-The final Rimmel product is the Stay Matte Powder (I have Shade 001 Transparent); this powder is the weirdest and most amazing thing, I panicked when I first put it on because I looked all powdery and pale and weird but after two minutes it has set so my skin looked beautiful and I was my normal colour. I absolutely love this and would definitely recommend for smooth looking skin.

-The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold is probably one of my most favourite current products (apart from the Rimmel Stay Matte), it is the most beautiful eye shadow colour ever. Many people use the Colour Tattoos as eye shadow bases but I personally think they look so beautiful on their own that you don't need to wear anything else. I can't get over the beauty of this product on the eyes, it's a lovely metallic pink and I want the whole collection (as seen on my 'September Goals/Books/Wishlist' post I have my eye on three others, 'Metallic Pomegranate being a definite must-buy).

Clothing:
-My new favourite style of clothing this summer is the camisole (or cami) top. There's not all that much I can say about these apart from that they're perfect for summer and the style is very pretty and flattering. I have two, an olive coloured one from Boohoo which I absolutely love as it is an amazing colour that I would not normally wear, and a pink one from Next which is floral and beautiful (the Next one also comes in blue which I am strongly debating buying).
Top- Boohoo
Shorts- Marks and Spencers
Top- Next
Jeans- Topshop Jamie jeans
-The return of autumn fashion. Good Lord do I love autumn fashion, there is nothing better than tweed, tartan, thick jumpers, thick tights and cute ankle boots. Boy am I excited. (Just putting it out there that New Look have the best selection of tartan clothing and the moment and oh do I love me some tartan).

Accessories: 
-My new favourite necklace obviously had to make an appearance here; I made this necklace myself from a stone I found on Scout summer camp on Brownsea Island (the home of the first ever Scout camp). The stone already had a hole in which one of the Scouts told me was lucky, so I attached it to a leather thread and it has made the most beautiful and original piece of jewellery that I have received a lot of compliments for.

-String bracelets are popular with everybody but they make their appearance mainly in the summertime. My new bracelets this year are from Corfe Castle (in Dorset), from a tourist stand in Barcelona (the ultimate best place to buy bracelets), and from a stall at Reading Festival.

Other:
-Something I just had to mention here, the wetwipes brand 'Halo' (available in Boots) are my new favourite thing, I carry round a packet of them constantly with me and they are just the best. They are super moisturising on your hands and don't make your hands slightly sticky after use (hand sanitiser). I could not live without these wipes.

-Starbucks Mocha Coconut. Ohmygod. How have I gone so long without trying this before? It's incredible.
-The Great British Bake Off; it's not quite the Sewing Bee but it's pretty darn good. It excites my love of baking and cooking and it's just so tense! (Anyone see the scandal of last week's episode, oh my...) (Another thing I have to add is Kate's eyeliner in the last episode, her hair is already perfect but she pulls off the metallic purple eyeliner so well I am furiously jealous of her in every way).
-I am bored with all the music I own so I've been branching out into more bands that I wouldn't normally listen to, my latest discovery being Stornoway. Stornoway are a more folky band that I wouldn't normally listen to but they are incredible, especially their 'Beachcomber's Windowsill' album.

No comments:

Post a Comment