Thursday 4 September 2014

AVERAGE BRITISH BAKE OFF

I am super excited about this recipe as it's one that I've kind of adapted and added my own personal touch to. The lemon mixture for these raspberry and lemon cakes is a Mary Berry lemon cupcakes recipe, but the raspberries are something I have added in a way that will, hopefully, give a creative and different twist to your normal fruity cupcakes.

Makes 20

You Will Need:
-125g soft butter
-125g self-raising flour
-125g caster sugar
-2 tbsp milk
-2 large eggs
-The zest of one lemon
-24 raspberries
-Icing sugar
-Water

To Make:
Apologies if my instructions aren't very clear, especially for the icing. I have put pictures at the bottom to show you what each step should look like.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or gas mark 4.
2. Beat the butter, flour, sugar, milk, eggs and lemon zest together with an electric whisk. To zest the lemon simply grate the outside skin of the lemon using a cheese grater.
3. Put your cupcake cases the the tray, here is where my special twist comes in. Put one raspberry upright in the bottom of each cake case and spoon in the mixture around it so the raspberry is completely covered.
4. Cook the cakes for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. When the cakes are done, leave them to cool.
5. For the icing I am simply following the instructions on the back of the Tate Lyle icing sugar box. HOWEVER, for the way I am wanting to decorate my cakes I only want the tiniest bit of icing so I am making enough icing for 2 cakes instead of 20.
6. To make the icing (for 2 cakes) you simply need to mix one teaspoon of warm water with icing sugar, I don't have a set measurement of icing sugar but just carry on adding until I have the thickness of icing that I want.
7. Put one drop of icing in the centre of each cake and then put one raspberry on top of each. The secret use of the icing is simply to keep the raspberry in place so therefore I think a thicker icing will work better here.

No comments:

Post a Comment