Saturday 6 September 2014

SEPTEMBER PLAYLIST

My most favourite recently discovered songs.

Zorbing- Stornoway 
I mentioned Stornoway in my 'August Favourites' post so obviously I had to mention them here as well; Zorbing is a beautiful song from their 'Beachcomber's Windowsill' album and it was a hard choice between Zorbing and The Coldharbour Road for my favourite. It is music that makes me smile.

I Saw You Blink- Stornoway
I had to include another Stonoway song in my playlist this month (which is slowly growing longer and longer as I write this) but this song is too good not to mention specially.

Auto Neutron- Fat White Family
Fat White Family are another new discovery of mine (not going to lie, their name was a big attraction for me) and I can see why they are growing increasingly popular. Again, this type of music/sound is not my normal go-to music but I have become obsessed with Auto Neutron (this song in particular reminds me a little bit of Black Sabbath's Iron Man).

Gun- Chvrches
Believe it or not, Chvrches is not something I would normally listen to, but Gun is an incredibly beautiful song (whilst also sounding a bit threatening if you listen closely to the lyrics) and I could listen to on repeat. Chvrches' sound is very relaxing and melodic and this song is the height of all that.

Seen It All- Jake Bugg
I'd never properly listened to Jake Bugg before Reading but he was surprisingly good and this song was my favourite of the set he played. I must add though that I think he might actually be better live than on album, this song was amazing live.

I Want Out- Young Guns
Another believe it or not moment here, I actually do listen to Young Guns on a regular basis!!!! (Fun Fact: I really, really hate exclamation marks). I Want Out is their new single that I fell in love with straight away, it's been a very long time since we've had new Young Guns music and this does not disappoint. I cannot get over how good this song is and it is another Young Guns classic that I want to scream at the top of my voice (good thing for YG at Reading!).

I Wanna Be Yours- Arctic Monkeys
I saw Arctic Monkeys at Reading Festival this year and they were absolutely incredible and I'm still slightly in shock that I saw them live. They played 'No.1 Party Anthem' which is my all-time favourite but 'I Wanna Be Yours' was a pretty spectacular song and it was unbelievable live. Also just to put here because I'm super annoyed and I need an outlet for it, none of my Arctic Monkeys photos printed from my Reading disposable cameras and I'm actually so upset about it. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment