Monday 29 September 2014

THINGS I HAVE LEARNT

I have learnt some things recently. I am both shocked and thrilled by them. It's confusing.

The Truth Behind Bobby Pins- My Whole Life is a Lie:

The other day while browsing the bloggersphere, I discovered the 'true' way to use bobby pins/hair grips depending on what you call them; luckily I'm not the only one who didn't know about this, my mother and friends were equally as shocked. For my whole life I have been using hair grips with the bumpy side facing upwards, as everyone does, the bumpy side faces upwards in the packet. But apparently there is somewhere a secret rule that only the select few know that claims that hair grips are supposed to be used with the bumpy side facing downwards as that helps them to grip better. What. It makes so much sense. How don't we all know this? Having road tested hair grips with the bumpy side facing downwards for a whole day I think they might actually grip your head better as my hair has slipped out of position less but I am still very distressed by this. My whole life is a lie.
The previous way of wearing hair grips, with the bumpy side facing upwards, the obvious way
The apparently correct way we should be wearing hair grips, with the flat side facing upwards
A Different Type of Glove:

Recently I have been quite self conscious of my legs as they were covered in small spots that I assumed were some type of weird leg acne (lacne?). While discussing this with my friends, I discovered that:
1) I am not the only one who gets this; and
2) It's not actually spots but ingrown hair from shaving.
The answer to this problem is so simple that it cleared my legs up in about two days. Exfoliation. During every shower/bath or after every time you shave your legs all you need to do is exfoliate yourself and the ingrown hairs will clear right up; (you can also exfoliate your face to get rid of blackheads). I use body wash and then rub it in with an exfoliating glove as I find that they work best but you can also get special exfoliating body scrubs; the exfolaiting glove can also be used on your face but as it is quite rough I prefer to use a tea tree face scrub. Exfolation is my new favourite thing and is now a key part of my weekly routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment