Friday 11 December 2015

A QUINTESSENTIAL LUSH CHRISTMAS POST

So my mother and I went Christmas shopping on Wednesday, and we got a little bit carried away (by our standards) in Lush. I never shop in Lush, it's a bit iffy for me, some of the things I love but quite a lot of the scents that everyone likes I absolutely hate, but I always like to go every Christmas and buy a couple of bits from their Christmas range. The only thing I didn't buy this year that I maybe should've done is a Snow Fairy shower gel, which really is the epitome of all Christmas.

Firstly, for myself, I bought the butter bear bath bomb. The butterball is my absolutely favourite Lush product, and for the last few Christmases Lush have released it in the form of an adorable little bear. There are no words to describe how good this smells, it contains cocoa butter, cocoa power and ylang ylang oil, and it has the most comforting vanillary-chocolately smell. For me, the butter bear is something that I could smell for the rest of my life and never get bored of. It's the most lovely, warming, comforting, delicious thing I've ever smelt ever.

The next bath bomb I bought myself is the yog nog bath bomb, a new one for this year. This bath bomb contains clove bud oil, shea butter, ylang ylang oil and soya milk powder; I do love a good bath bomb with shea butter and ylang ylang. This is definitely a Christmas-scented bath bomb, it smells like toffee and something else that's quite dark and heavy but definitely works. It's the polar opposite to the chocolatey-sweety-freshness of the butterbear, and I definitely think it's going to make me feel all lovely and festive when I come to use it.

The So White bath bomb is quite a popular one from the Christmas range and is one of the ones I bought as a gift. So White contains orange flower absolute, bergamot oil, rose absolute and neroli oil. I smelt this one for the first time last year (it's been around for quite a few years though), and I was pretty excited for it as I had heard it smelt like apples, which is one of my favourite scents. Last year, however, I was really disappointed with this scent, it just didn't smell good-or at all like apples- to me. This year, however, I thought I'd smell it again and give it enough go, as it seemed like a great bath bomb to give my aunt. This year, I'm much more pleased with the scent and I like it a lot more. It doesn't smell as good as the Body Shop apple products do, but it has a very nice, fresh scent that I think would appeal to a lot of people, and I've become more and more keen on the more I've smelt it.

The next two products are the reusable bubble wands. Like the bubble bars, these ones are designed to make bubbles in your bath, rather than being a bath bomb. With the bubble wands, you swirl them around in your bath to make bubbles, and you can reuse them multiple times.

The bubble wand I bought for myself is the Magic of Christmas bubble wand. This one is the epitome of all things Christmasy. Containing cinnamon leaf oil, almond essential oil and sweet orange oil, this bubble wand is studded with cloves and star anise, and the stick of the wand is a stick of cinnamon. As predicted, it smells incredible. It's fresh and orangey and spicy and I'm beyond excited to use it.

This next and final product, the Magic Wand bubble bar, is basically Snow Fairy in wand form. I quite like Snow Fairy, though it can be very sickly, but it smells fantastic in bubble wand form. I bought this one for my best friend for Christmas and it's really making me regret not buying one- or not buying actual Snow Fairy- for myself. For those out of the Lush loop, Snow Fairy smells like candy floss and sweets and all things sugary. It's not a scent for everyone, but it is the definition of all things Lush Christmas.

Rosie 

No comments:

Post a Comment