Wednesday 16 December 2015

CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS

It wouldn't be Blogmas if I didn't join in with everyone else and post some Christmas gift ideas.

1. Colouring Books (and Pencils)
This is undoubtedly the year of the colouring books; my mum and I have bought a good few between us to give as gifts to people this year. The Harry Potter colouring book (pictured) is actually for myself, but I've bought a couple of the mini ones (also pictured) to give to my friends. Obviously the Harry Potter book is perfect for Harry Potter fans, but you can get loads of different film and TV books as well. I think the mini colouring books are perfect for small gifts, secret Santa or stocking fillers, they're super cute and the Calm Colouring book (pictured) also has motivational quotes on each page. (It should be noted that the mini books have much thinner paper than the full-sized ones, so it's recommended to colour them in with pencils rather than pens, as pen may go through the pages). You might also want to add a few colouring pens or pencils to your gift to complete it.

2. Fairy Pants Lip Balms
I wrote a really long blog post (here) on Fairy Pants lip balms a couple of months ago, but for a brief run-down, they're a Vegan UK cosmetics company and they do really high quality lip balms that I absolutely love, alongside other nail and body products. Fairy Pants lip balms come in a variety of flavours in cocktails, cakes and classic sweets, so you're bound to find something for everybody there.

3. Magnetic Bookmarks 
I love magnetic bookmarks, and when I saw these ones from 1107Studio on Etsy, I couldn't resist. My best friend is quite a fan of horoscopes and horoscope spoofs, so these star sign bookmarks were perfect for her (and I liked them so much I got one for myself as well). They're laminated cardboard and nice quality, and I think magnetic bookmarks in general make a great little gift, especially as you can get so many different ones to suit everybody.

4. Anything from Lush Christmas
That's a given, but my personal favourites for gifts are the bubble wands. I think they're just that little bit more interesting and special that a bath bomb or a regular bubble bar. Coming in the form of a wand, they're exciting and fun and the two Christmas bath wands this year, the Magic of Christmas and the Magic Wand, both smell absolutely incredible.

5. Anything from Body Shop Christmas
I've done a big post already this month on the Body Shop Christmas range 2015, raving particularly about glazed apple, my favourite scent from this year's collection and the most juicy and mouth-watering thing you'll ever smell. Things from Body Shop this year that I think would make lovely presents are the shimmer lotions (they make you glittery), bath fizzers, bath jellies (they make bubbles) and hand creams. Just little luxury things you wouldn't think to buy for yourself.

6. Winter Woollies
These are undoubtedly great gifts around this time of year. Last Christmas, I bought myself a really lovely, nice quality tartan scarf from New Look (it's been featured on the blog before) and my mum liked it so much she bought it for at least three people as a gift. I also think woolly bobble hats, gloves and fluffy socks make nice gifts, as those are things I don't usually buy for myself.

7. Candles (Duh)
Who doesn't love a good scented candle, particularly a Christmas-themed one?

8. Themed Gifts
An idea rather than an actual gift, but sometimes it can be fun to theme your gifts. For example, a couple of years ago I bought my friend a gingerbread shower gel (from Body Shop), a pair of socks with gingerbread men on them and a gingerbread man from Costa (which are amazing). I like themes.

9. Baked Goods 
This is good if you're on a bit of a budget this Christmas. There's something truly special about a hand-made gift and I personally think some sort of baked good, like cookies or gingerbread men or Christmasy cupcakes is a really nice gift to give someone. It's a bit more personal than a shop-bought gift, and I always feel really touched that someone has taken the time to make me something themselves.

10. Spoof Ladybird Books
Recently, Ladybird Books have released a range of books for 'Grown Ups' and they have got to be the most hilarious things I have ever seen. I'd recommend taking a trip to your nearest Waterstones (or nearest bookshop) purely to have a look at them. My Dad and I were in hysterics in the middle of Waterstones Piccadilly Circus reading them. My personal favourites are 'We Go To The Gallery', 'The Shed', 'The Mid-Life Crisis' and 'The Hangover'. Best things ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment