Wednesday 9 December 2015

BELOVED BODY SHOP CHRISTMAS

The Body Shop Christmas range is one of my favourite things about winter, I feel like I'm allowed to start being festive the minute the Christmas Body Shop products hit the shelves. Every Christmas my mother and I fixate on one particular new Body Shop range, and everyone we know gets given products from that range for Christmas.

Every year the Body Shop release three new Christmas ranges with a variety of bath, shower and body products. Some favourites of mine this year are the candles, bath fizzers, shimmer lotions and bath jellies, alongside the typical shower gels, body butters and lip balms.

So normally, in their Christmas collection, Body Shop have a vanilla range, a cranberry range and another range. In 2013, there was an amazing gingerbread range and in 2014 there was the absolutely incredible glazed apple range, that literally has you drooling when you smelt it. Obviously, I love the vanilla scent, but I've never been all that bothered about it, and my mum and I always always obsess over the 3rd range that changes every year. However, I was very surprised this year to find that Body Shop had decided not to release a vanilla range, and had instead gone for the usual cranberry, brought back the glazed apple and introduced a new scent, frosted plum.

I thought that this year, instead of talking about an actual product, I'd talk about the scents. As I said before, the glazed apple range has me drooling just thinking about it, let alone smelling it. It manages to smell both sweet and sour at the same time, and it has got to be one of my all-time favourite Body Shop scents ever. I can never get bored of this scent and it doesn't disappoint. I think this is one that everyone will like.

Now the frosted cranberry range is more of a personal-preference scent, it's definitely not one for everyone, I've always liked it but my mum is not really a fan. It has a very fresh, berry-like scent, but there is a more sour-berry tang to it that not everyone will get on board with. The frosted cranberry is a much more sophisticated scent that the fun and sweetness of the glazed apple.

And finally, the newest range, frosted plum. I was so excited when I found out that the Body Shop were releasing a plum range. I had a plum lip balm a couple of years ago (pictured above, i don't have anything from the frosted plum range to show you) that I absolutely loved; it smelt beyond incredible and it became one of my favourite Body Shop scents, I was obsessed. However, I was really disappointed with the frosted plum range. I smelt the body butter, as that's normally the best thing to smell for the scent, but it just literally didn't smell of anything to me. I also smelt the shower gel, which smells a lot stronger, but to me I just wasn't wowed by it. It smelt okay but it definitely didn't smell like plum like the other range did. It had a kind of weird under-lying smell that I couldn't place but I just wasn't a fan, and that disappointed me as I was fully prepared to love it.

I will always love the Body Shop Christmas range, I especially have my eye on the bath fizzers this year, and I am very, very happy that they've brought back the glazed apple scent this Christmas.

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment