Monday 14 December 2015

MOST ANTICIPATED 2016 BOOK RELEASES

As I got majorly back into reading in 2015, I also discovered so many new books that were released this year. I've made a list here of my most anticipated book releases of 2016, including sequels and brand new releases, and also a small list of books that I've been waiting to come out as paperback in 2016.

Most Anticipated Releases

1. 'The Raven King'- Maggie Stiefvater
For me, this is the most important release of 2016. I read the first three books in the Raven Cycle over the summer months, and I became obsessed. This is one of my most favourite book series, and this is the final book, and we know that Gansey is going to die, and this book is going to kill me. I'm writing this in November, the week the cover was finally revealed, and ohmygod it's sunning.
Expected Release: 26th April 2016

2. 'The Fever Code'- James Dashner
This is the second most important release of 2016 for me. I've been excited for this book since 2014 and it has been agony. At the end of 2014, I became a little (lot) bit obsessed with the Maze Runner series (still obsessed) and this book sounds just to die for. It's another prequel, occurring in between the first prequel and the first book (a sequel to the prequel?) and it follows all the characters living in the maze before Thomas arrives. It's basically my dream book.
Expected Release: some point in 2016

3. 'The Fate of the Tearling'- Erika Johansen
I read the first and second books of the Tearling trilogy in 2015, and I'd go as far as to say that the Invasion of the Tearling (the second book and a new release in 2015) was the best book I read this year. It was mind-blowingly incredible and I can't wait to find out how this trilogy ends.
Expected Release: 7th June 2016

4. 'Throne of Glass 5'- Sarah J. Maas
This book does not yet have a title, but it's the fifth (and penultimate) book in the Throne of Glass series, and obviously it's going to be absolutely incredible.
Expected Release: some point in 2016

5. 'The Crown'- Kieras Cass
I loved the Selection trilogy, it's one of my guilty pleasure reads, but what's not to love about princesses and castles and pretty dresses and romance? This book is the second book in the spin-off duology; the first book wasn't as good as the original Selection books, but I'm interested in how the story will end and I want more trashy princesses in my life.
Expected Release: 3rd May 2016

6. 'Passenger'- Alexandra Bracken 
I've never read an Alexandra Bracken book before, I can never fully decide if the Darkest Minds trilogy appeals to me or not, but this book sounds incredible and I'm dying to read it. I don't know all that much about it (I like not knowing much) but from what I've gathered it's about time travel and pirates. I've been desperate to read a pirate book for ages (I love pirates) and I've finally found one that appeals to me. So excited.
Expected Release: 5th January 2016

7. 'Crooked Kingdom'- Leigh Bardugo 
So this is the sequel to Six of Crows, which I haven't read yet but I am absolutely desperate to read. Literally desperate. I've been dying to read Six of Crows since way before it came out and it was described as 'Game of Thrones meets Ocean's 11' which are two of my favourite things ever. I haven't read the Grisha trilogy, though I'm told you don't have to read it first, and I'm definitely going to read SoC in January.
Expected Release: 22nd September 2016

8. 'The Hidden Oracle'- Rick Riordan
The Second 'Magnus Chase' book by Rick Riordan is also coming out in 2016, but I'm more excited for this one. It's back to the Greek mythology, which I absolutely love, and this series follows the God Apollo. I don't know much about this book, but I do know that it's going to feature Camp Half Blood, and I love CHB more than anything.
Expected Release: 3rd May 2016

9. 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets' (Illustrated Edition)- J.K. Rowling
I don't own the illustrated edition of Happy Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, but it's Harry Potter and I'm not not going to be excited about it.
Expected Release: some point in 2016

10. 'The Beauty of Darkness'- Mary E. Pearson
The third book in the Kiss of Deception trilogy. I read the first book a couple of months ago, and I thought it was pretty good, so I'll likely carry on with the series.
Expected Release: 2nd August 2016

11. 'The Haters'- Jesse Andrews
I read Jesse Andrew's first book, 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl' earlier this year and I loved it, I read the entire thing in a day, so of course I'm going to read his second book when it comes out.
Expected Release: April 2016

12. 'The Crowns Game'- Evelyn Skye
From what I can gather, this book is going to be a historical/fantasy fiction with magic, with some royalty and some sort of test/game, all of which appeal to me. It's also set in a version of Russia with the threat of the Ottoman Empire, and I've never read anything set in Russia before, so that should be really interesting. I love royalty and I love historical fiction; I am intrigued by this book.
Expected Release: 17th May 2016

13. 'Front Lines'- Michael Grant
More historical fiction, because it's one of my favourite genres and I don't read enough of it. This book is set in World War 2, which I've always found interesting and enjoyed (as far as you can enjoy it) reading about. This book really appeals to me, as it's about what would have happened if women had been allowed to fight in the war, and I'm all about that girl power. This should be a highly interesting read.
Expected Release: 26th January 2016

14. 'The Star-Touched Queen'- Roshani Chokshi
This book sounds incredible. There's royalty (I love), marriage (I love), mystery (I love), secrets (I love), and basically everything about it sounds like something I'd love. I am very, very excited for this.
Expected Release: 3rd May 2016

15. New Untitled Stephanie Perkins Book
Until December, actually, I wasn't interested at all in any of Stephanie Perkins' books. And then I read Anna and the French Kiss and I am absolutely obsessed with that book. I read the whole trilogy in less than a week, and regardless of what this book is about, I know I'm going to read it. (It's actually a horror book in the style of Scream, which should be pretty fun- the Goodreads description of it is fantastic).
Expected Release: some point in 2016

16. 'The Winds of Winter'- George R.R. Martin
This is the next book in the Game of Thrones series and the release date keeps getting pushed further and further back. Hopefully it's going to finally be released this year, and that's still not a definite. I'm reading all the books before I watch the TV series (I've literally been reading them for years, they're massive) but I've only got two left to read and I'm definitely going to finish them in 2016.
Expected Release: hopefully finally in 2016

17. 'This Savage Song'- Victoria Schwab 
I started reading A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab earlier this year, but I couldn't get into it at all, I found it so slow that I actually gave up reading it before I'd even got 100 pages in. This book sounds pretty good, it's about monsters which aren't something I normally read about, and I'm intrigued to give this a go.
Expected Release: 7th June 2016

18. 'Salt to the Sea'- Ruta Sepetys
I've heard nothing but good things about Ruta Sepetys' other book, Between Shades of Grey, but it never really appealed to me. This book, however, sounds right up my street. It's more historical fiction set in World War 2, but it's sounds like it's got a Titanic-vibe to it, and I do love a good, tense, disaster story. I'm excited to read this one.
Expected Release: 2nd February 2016

19. 'Forever Doon'- Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon
I shamelessly love the Doon series, it's trashy and romancey and childish but it's fun and the setting is beyond incredible. This is the fourth and final book in the series and I'm obviously going to read it. Plus, every book in this series has beyond beautiful covers, it's the most incredibly attractive book series I've ever seen.
Expected Release: 2nd August 2016 

20. Untitled Sequel to Illuminae- Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
As with Six of Crows, I haven't read Illuminae yet, but I am absolutely desperate to read it. It's another book that I'm planning on reading in January and, like Six of Crows, I am fully prepared to love it.
Expected Release: some point in 2016 


Paperback Releases:

1. 'More Happy Than Not'- Adam Silvera
This book sounds just incredible, and I've heard nothing but good things about it, but the hardback is very expensive and I've been waiting for it to come out in paperback to read it.

2. 'A Wicked Thing'- Rhiannon Thomas 
I've been waiting nearly a year for this one to come out in paperback, and I've been dying to read it. It's a retelling of Sleeping Beauty (I love retellings of fairy tales) but with the twist that it's not all happily ever after and peachy when she wakes up. It sounds fantastic and I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

3. 'The Heart of Betrayal'- Mary E. Pearson
The sequel to the Kiss of Deception, so obviously I'm going to read it.

4. 'Emancipated'- M.G. Reyes
This one sounds like a great summer contemporary, but it was super expensive in hardback so I've been waiting for the paperback and I'm hopefully going to read it in the summer.

5. 'Legacy of Kings'- Eleanor Herman 
More historical fiction, this one sounds absolutely incredible and I'm desperate to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment