Friday 4 December 2015

DECEMBER PLAYLIST

This month's playlist post isn't as festive and chock-block full of Christmas music as it should be for December, but we recently found all of our old tapes again and it's been so exciting and nostalgic to listen back to them all. Therefore, this playlist is going to be my parent's old music (which is my favourite music) mixed with some festive cheer.
Please excuse the reflection from the sky light and the air bubbles in my phone screen protector

'Gimme Shelter'- The Rolling Stones
I've loved the Rolling Stones for a very long time but it's taken me far too long to appreciate the genius that is this song. This is one of my favourite Rolling Stones songs and I don't believe I didn't notice it before.

'Fairytale of New York'- The Pogues
I won't say too much about this one, as I mentioned it in my post on 1st December, but ohmy what a fantastic song. It's just beyond incredible; the song, the lyrics, the tune, everything.

'Step Into Christmas'- Elton John 
I won't say much about this one either as, again, I spoke about it on 1st December. This is probably my favourite Christmas song, it's so upbeat and catchy and you can't not dance to it. It's also very underrated and under appreciated and everyone needs to know about it.

'Take it Easy'- Eagles
This is a song from way back in my childhood that I'd completely forgotten about. My family loves the Eagles so much, I can't describe to you how I felt when I heard them again for the first time a couple of years ago but my mind was completely blown. This is a song that we rediscovered and it was incredible how well I remembered it and how much I remembered loving it then and now.

'Ain't That Lonely Yet'- Dwight Yoakam
It wouldn't be a playlist from me without a country song on it. We listen to a fair bit of Dwight Yoakam but this is definitely my all-time favourite of his songs, we rediscovered it recently and I've had it on repeat for a few weeks now.

'All I Want For Christmas Is You'- Michael Buble
Oh the modern king of Christmas himself. It's really not Christmas without Mr Buble and I love his slower and more jazzy take on this classic Christmas song. It's nice hearing it done differently and Michael Buble does have the voice of a festive God.

'Santa Baby'- Michael Buble 
More of the Buble but he really is modern Christmas personified into silky-voiced wonder. I love this Christmas song generally and I don't listen to it enough around this time of the year.

'Pass It On'- The Coral
Another childhood song that we recently rediscovered and ohmy I'd forgotten just how incredible this one was. This song is beautiful and fantastic and amazing and I am obsessed with it right now.

'Lodi'- Creedence Clearwater Revival 
You'll have seen from previous playlist posts that I love Creedence Clearwater Revival and this song is another rediscovered one from my childhood that I'm obsessed with. Love, love, love it, it's beyond fantastic.

'I Believe in Father Christmas'- Greg Lake
One last song and it's a festive one. This is just a beautiful song that's horrifically underrated and unheard of and it shouldn't be because it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment