Thursday 12 December 2013

25 DAYS OF BLOGGING CHRISTMAS- DAY 12 | DECEMBER 12TH- A CHEEKY CHEAT

If like me you are prone to getting awfully chapped lips in the winter then you too will also have explored all the many many many ways to trying to get rid of them. Now I have been deliberating for ages about whether or not to get one of the Lush Lip Scrubs as everyone says that they work wonders but I wasn't sure if they were worth it at £5.50 a pop. However when I was in Lush recently I was looking at the ingredients and I realised I could basically make this exact same product at home for a fraction of the price. Apart from some colourings and flavourings that are added to the product, the only ingredients of the Lush Lip Scrub are jojoba oil and caster sugar.

Now I don't actually own any jojoba oil but I do have a plentiful supply of caster sugar. All you need to do is rub some caster sugar on your lips until you are satisfied that you have done enough and then lick the sugar off. All the jojoba oil does is to make your lips feel even softer afterwards but most lip balms already contain jojba oil so if you whack on a bit of lip balm afterwards then you are good to go.

This realisation is quite bad of me as Lush are losing out on a sale that they normally do fantastically on despite their cheap and easy ingredients but, as I always say, there is no point in spending money on something that you can make at home using things that you already own.

No comments:

Post a Comment