Tuesday 3 December 2013

25 DAYS OF BLOGGING CHRISTMAS- DAY 3 | DECEMBER 3RD- ADVENT CALENDARS

It's December the 3rd and now we are well and truly into the Christmas spirit and advent calendars and such larks. Every Christmas George and I get the normal chocolate calendar but also a Lego one. 'What is a Lego advent calendar?' I hear you cry. Well, dearest people, it is an advent calendar where you build something Lego everyday. Easy as pie, really. George and I have had some stunningly strange Lego calendars in the past, favourites including Star Wars, Pirates, Medieval larks and many more that I currently can't remember. This year is no exception to the Lego calendar rule(? there is no rule) and we have another lovely Star Wars one (I am waiting until they make a Harry Potter one and it breaks my heart every year that they haven't yet).

The chocolate one we get is probably something that you don't really care about but it is Divine fairtrade chocolate and it is the nicest chocolate I have ever had. Divine does the nicest creamiest chocolate in a variety of amazing flavours that you can buy in Oxfam or Waitrose, but the advent calendars come in milk chocolate (which is the best milk chocolate in the world) and are available from Oxfam. These advent calendars are not the cheapest, but then neither are the Thorntons ones, but it is fairtrade which is a super duper good thing and they taste the best over any other chocolate.
Absolutely awful quality photo I am so sorry

The only thing I must fault the Divine calendars with is that they have the same version of the Christmas story on the same doors every single year and it has got to the stage where George and I can quote it from memory (that and this year is the first year that they have actually changed what the calendar looks like). Other than that I cannot fault it, Christmas is seeming scarily close right now and I haven't done any shopping yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment