Sunday 8 December 2013

25 DAYS OF BLOGGING CHRISTMAS- DAY 8 | DECEMBER 8TH- WINTER FACE

 
I haven't made all that many changes to my face this season apart from now I think it is okay to wear slightly more makeup as winter is not a very sweaty seasons (unlike summer).

1. In winter I crack out the foundation as I tend to look quite pale and ghostly at times during the winter months. I don't wear foundation all that often but when I do I use a very, very light coating of a loose powder which is the Body Shop (I am an addict) Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation. The thing I find with powders is you should only use a very light coating otherwise your face looks quite weird in certain lights and also you can sometimes see the powder on people's faces which is never a good look. I use a kabuki brush to apply my powder foundation.
My concealer is also from Body Shop but I'm not going to bore you with that as well as it never changes.

2. My absolute favourite thing about winter is dark lipsticks. I am a massive fan of the dark purple lipstick and I find them super flattering. My current favourite (if you didn't know this you must be living under a rock or something) is the Accessorize one in Infatuated which is a brighter shade of purple, I'm also currently looking for another darker shade if anyone has any recommendations...
I would absolutely love the MAC Rebel one (if anyone has it is it any good?).

3. The ususal Burt's Bees has not gone anywhere but I have changed around my Body Shop Born Lippy in Guava for a different one called Passion Berry. It has a beautiful fruity smell that is slightly less summery and a bit more heavy than the guava one. My only wish is that it came out in more of a purple tint when you put it on as it is quite sheer. I also wear the strawberry Born Lippy which is probably my favourite as that is slightly (but still barely) tinted but I use it more in the spring.

4. My key thing for winter is moisturiser, I am still using the Neutrogena one as that is the best but I'm getting through it like a mad woman as my poor skin suffers in the winter and I look like a lizard. This problem also happens to my hands but I really really really hate having greasy or sticky hands so if anyone knows a moisturiser/ hand cream than doesn't make your hands greasy or sticky then that would be great.

5. Eyes as well in winter are great because the darker colours can be cracked out, overall I think I just prefer winter makeup, dark colours are the one.
Dear Father Christmas I would love MAC Cranberry eye shadow please thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment