Monday 16 December 2013

25 DAYS OF BLOGGING CHRISTMAS- DAY 16- DECEMBER 16TH- DIFFER FROM THE NORM

Now I am a big fan of your normal fruit cake, but there is something I really can't stand about Christmas cake or Christmas pudding. A great way to do Christmas cake that is something everyone will like and is still relatively seasonal is a chocolate orange cake.

When I was having early Christmas dinner with my family friends this weekend, my friend had made the nicest chocolate orange cake. I don't know the full recipe but she says the basics of it is:

-Normal chocolate cake
-But put orange zest in the mix as well
-Normal chocolate sauce icing for on top
-Whip some cream for the icing in the middle
-Decorate with Chocolate Orange segments (yummy)
-Refrigerate up until eaten

This is a really great cake to wow people with as it looks and tastes just like normal chocolate cake but it also has an orangey kick to it as well which tastes amazing. Simple really.

No comments:

Post a Comment