Tuesday 17 December 2013

25 DAYS OF BLOGGING CHRISTMAS- DAY 17- DECEMBER 17TH- CHRISTMAS SMELLS 2

So today I hit 500 page views which is absolutely crazy and yes, 499 of them are probably me checking that my post has uploaded or finding a hyperlink, but it's still nuts. So thank you to everyone who sits here and genuinely reads me ramble on about crap and things that I know nothing about. I love you all.

I was so excited when I wandered into Clinton Cards in September and found the Yankee Candle Christmas range but I'm actually very disappointed by it. I would have to say that the only slightly decent ones are:
-Pine and Apple which is nice in very small doses
-Christmas Cookie which is quite sickly but has this really nice slight hint of fresh cookies
-Christmas Eve which is nice at first but then gets more horrible the more you smell it, despite this it is probably the nicest one in the range
-Orange and Clove which is nice but is very strong and I could never endure for longer periods of time then one sniff
My most favourite candle ever from a company called Partylite (though this candle is very old and is probably not still available). I can't describe the smell but it's kind of vanillary-mixed-with-something-else and it's just perfect.

My choices for this years Christmas from Yankee Candle are going to have to be:
-Fluffy Towels which is my all time favourite and can be used all year round
-Clean Cotton which can also be used all year round and smells a bit like Fluffy Towels but slightly different if you understand what I mean but you probably don't

My go-to candle for Christmas though is vanilla, you can never go wrong with vanilla and it's one smell that will always smell good.
Another Christmas must-have is an advent candle because it's just fun to see them going down everyday and how close Christmas is.
Mine is from Oxfam but they can be found almost everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment