Thursday 11 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 11- THE BODY SHOP CHRISTMAS

Thursday 11th December 2014
14 sleeps till Christmas

It's no secret that I am a massive Body Shop fan, and it's also no secret that the return of the Body Shop and Costa Christmas products are one of the highlights of my year (I lead a small, sad life). And so I return today with one of my fortes: Body Shop, Christmas, and lip balm. 

I will openly say that the Body Shop are one of my favourite places for lip balm, they smell and taste amazing and they work like a dream. I do own one of each type of lip balm that the Body Shop has on offer, but every year I jump at the chance to buy one from their Christmas range (especially since last year's just looked so damn cool). 
This is last year's cranberry lip balm, I have the gingerbread version of this

From what I have gathered, Body Shop bring back variations of their Christmas vanilla and cranberry products every year. I always love the cranberry one, and this year is no exception, however I am not such a fan of this year's take on the vanilla, 'Vanilla Brulee'. Last year's vanilla was a top-notch simple one, but it's just not doing anything for me thing time round. 
Last year's vanilla

There is great disappointment in my household that the Body Shop didn't bring back their gingerbread range (we literally bought it for everyone last year), but this year's new one is definitely an all-time favourite. 

This year Body Shop have brought out a 'Glazed Apple' range and I cannot even begin to describe how good it smells. It has the world's freshest, sugary-sour scent that I am finding super difficult to describe, but it is literally making my mouth water just smelling it. 

The lip balm itself is quite solid, so it takes a while to pick up a lot on your finger, but it's super moisturising and doesn't leave you with that weird white film around your mouth. What I really love about this is that it isn't sticky or greasy on your finger, which I really hate in other lip balms that come in a tin. 

There are three new Christmas lip balms, two non-tinted ones (the Glazed Apple and Vanilla Brulee ones), and one with a beautiful deep-red tint (the cranberry one). I would totally recommend, especially just going into a Body Shop store and smelling the Glazed Apple range.

No comments:

Post a Comment