Thursday 4 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 4- WINTER ESSENTIALS

Thursday 4th December 2014
21 sleeps till Christmas

As I did a 'Summer Essentials' post back in July I thought it was only fitting that I do a 'Winter Essentials' one as well...

1. Nails
I did a separate post on nails in July but I've decided to keep it all in one here as the majority of the colours seen here are featured in my 'Berry Colours' post. Winter is my favourite time of the year for beauty as it is finally acceptable to crack out all the dark colours again this year, my favourites being black, navy blue, grey, dark red, berry purples and dark purples. This line-up below is just the most beautiful thing I think I have ever seen.
Left-Right: Essie 'Chinchilly', Essie 'Bahama Mama', Essie 'After School Boy Blazer', Barry M Gelly 'Plum', Barry M 'Berry Cosmo'

2. Eyes
It is also more acceptable to go all-out with dark eye makeup in the winter, black eyeliner and mascara being the way to go. Dark colours are normally my favourite, though with eyes I quite often end up looking like I'v been punched in the face if I'm not careful. One of the best things about winter is that it suddenly becomes acceptable to wear glitter products on your eyes like a child, with the excuse of 'getting into the Christmas spirit', I love it.
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Metallic Pomegranate'
Sleek i-divine eyeshadow palette in 'Oh So Special'

3. Lips
Lips are my forte in the winter, I spend the entirety of summer buzzing with the excitement of being able to wear purple lipstick again. Yet again this is also featured in my 'Berry Colours' post so I won't go into too much detail here, but dark purple lips are my most favourite things ever and my time is finally here.
Left-Right: Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick in '107', Topshop lipstick in 'Beguiled', Accessorize lipstick in 'Infatuated'

4. Face
I get skin like a lizard all winter so a good moisturiser is key for me; throughout all the many, many years of having to obsessively moisturise my face, the only moisturiser I have ever used is the Neutrogena one and I don't think I will ever change it. This is, without a doubt, the best moisturiser in the world and deserves every bit of praise.

In the winter I also tend to wear slightly more face makeup (but nothing too heavy as I'm not a fan of heavy face makeup) as it's the cold winds that strip my skin of all moisture, and plus you look paler in the winter and I want to get some signs of actual life into my face. Along the same lines as this is blusher, I know the cold air and wind gives you some colour in your face but 'bright, raw red' is not the colour I am looking for. I have the Sleek blusher in 'Flushed', which looks quite red-toned in the picture, but in reality is a dark-pink/berry colour. I also have my eye on the much more subtle and summery Sleek blusher in 'Coral'.
Sleek blush in 'Flushed'

5. Bath
Lush Christmas range. Need I say any more?

6. Clothing
Mustard and tartan and chunky knits. Yaaaaaas.

7. Accessorises
I  made a whole post on scarves last week, so I won't go into detail here, but I will include a picture of my favourite scarf of 2014. This tartan beauty is from New Look and retails at the grand price of £9.99. I am in love.
Scarf- New Look
Cropped Jumper- Boohoo
Skirt- Miss Selfridge

No comments:

Post a Comment