Tuesday 16 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 16- ESSIE 'FAVOURITES TO FALL FOR' DUO

Tuesday 16th December 2014
9 sleeps till Christmas

I saw this on someone else's blog and it was one of those 'I need this in my life NOW' moments. And boy was it a good purchase. 

Essie do quite a few beautiful duos, but this one was so beautiful and absolutely perfect for autumn and winter. The 'Favourites to Fall For' definitely lives up to its name, it contains the two most amazing colours that everyone needs in their lives: 'Bahama Mama' and 'Chinchilly'.

A dark grey is a staple nail varnish colour to own. 'Chinchilly' is described as a "sleek granite grey" and I've had so many complements on it it's mad. I'd had my eye on 'Bahama Mama' for well over a year so I jumped at the chance to get it as part of this duo (plus a duo is cheaper than buying two separate colours). 'Bahama Mama' is a "warm, rich, creamy plum" and I love it. It's a beautiful berry that is perfect for the Autumn/winter months.

I've said it before, but what I really love about Essie nail varnishes is the brush. It's thick and flat and it gives perfect coverage, it's so easy to cover the whole nail in two brush strokes. The brush makes even the worse nail painter, like myself, look good.

I don't know if it's just mine or if it's all of them, but I found that 'Chinchilly' has quite a watery consistency however, like all Essie nail varnishes, it looks great after two coats.

I would definitely recommend getting this nail duo, at £12.99 it's not the cheapest of items, but it's so worth it for the two beautiful colours you get. I am so in love with this duo, I've been rotating the colours for the past two months and I've barely worn anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment