Thursday 18 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 18- THE PERFECT SUBSTITUTE

Thursday 18th December2014
7 sleeps till Christmas

How is it a week till Christmas?

Much to my great disappointment (I believe) you can no longer buy the Estee Lauder eyeshadow duo in 'Raisins'. 'Raisins' was such a lovely duo with the perfect pink and purple colours that would look lovely on anybody. So I made my own version of sorts.

My substitute for 'Raisins' came in the form of the Body Shop eyeshadows, at £7 each these are not the cheapest of products, but they have such a great staying power and wide range of colours. For my version of the duo, I chose the colours 'Pink Crush' and 'Mon Cherry', which also look amazing on their own.

Looking at pictures of the duo, however, I think the colour 'Great Expectations' is more similar to the purple in 'Raisins', but being fair I prefer the lighter shade of 'Mon Cherry' on myself. Plus, as 'Pink Crush' is not the most noticeable colour on your lids, the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Pink Gold' could also be used if you want a more obvious look.
Left: 'Pink Crush' Right: 'Mon Cherry'

I was super proud of myself when I came up with this idea, only to find out that the Body Shop website already has this makeup tutorial, but which actually turned out to be very useful.

To wear these shadows by covering my whole lid with 'Pink Crush' using the brush on the left (see the picture of brushes below). I then put 'Mon Cherry' on the crease and a bit above using the brush on the right (see below).

I love this look for both a night day and an everyday look as the colours are light and subtle, but also have a slight shimmer to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment