Monday 1 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 1- A MOST ANTICIPATED RETURN

Monday 1st December 2014
24 sleeps till Christmas


Tis the first of December, and you all know what that means... Blogmas is back! This is my second year doing Blogmas, and for those of you that don't know what it is, it's blogging every day in the lead-up to Christmas. As this is the first day of Blogmas 2014, it is only fitting that I set myself some Blogmas/general-December goals:

1. Make Blogmas 2014 better than Blogmas 2013
I'm not all that happy with my Blogmas 2013 posts, the titles look and sound messy and some of the posts themselves are slacking horribly and you can quite clearly tell that I had no inspiration for that day. Blogmas 2014 will have better and more interesting posts. And easier titles.

2. Be more organised
Leading on from the previous goal, I will be more organised this month and know exactly what I will be posting each day. For days of the week that I am busy, my posts will be written in advance so all I have to do is finalise and publish them, and all my pictures will be taken during the daytime so I don't end up with some of last year's horrible, blurry, weirdly-yellow evening pictures.

3. WATCH ELF!!
This may be a criminal offence in the eyes of some people and I can't believe it's possible but I have never seen Elf! It combines my love of Will Ferrell and Christmas and I'm not sure how I have managed to go seventeen years without ever seeing it. Elf is a must-see this year fo sho. I will report back.

4. Complete 'Blogmas Baking'
'Blogmas Baking' is a rather pointless challenge that I have set myself from my newly rediscovered love of baking. The aim is to do one bit of baking and so upload one baking post per week. There is no reason for this.

5. Reread the whole Harry Potter series
This isn't specifically one for December but more of a general over-the-next-few-months one. I'm a massive Harry Potter nut and there's something about it that makes me just really love it in the winter more than any other time. I haven't reread the whole series in such a long time that I'm feeling it neccessary to do it again.

Books to Read:

1. 'Holly the Chrsitmas Fairy' and 'Stella the Star Fairy'- Daisy Meadows
Every Christmas without fail I read these two Rainbow Magic books and it makes me feel super Christmasy and content with life. It wouldn't be Chrsitmas without them.

2. 'Let it Snow'- John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
I love the festive feel of all the trashy Christmas novels that come out, you know they're going to be awful but who doesn't love the story of a small village and a Chrsitmas romance with a predictable happy ending. Saying that, I do not believe that this is a trashy Christmas romance book and I love the idea of the way the three stories are inter-connecting. I bought this in November but the mother told me I had to wait till December to read it, I'm just excited for the cozy, festive feel and the idea that it could snow at Christmas, even though it never will.

3. 'The Scorch Trials'- James Dashner
The second book in the 'Maze Runner' series, I'm not going to go into any detail about it but expect a massive post in January.

4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone- J.K. Rowling
I've mentioned my Harry Potter aims above, but do I really need to say anything more than: Christmas at Hogwarts?

5. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
The second and fourth Happy Potter books and films are by far my favourites; as the first two HP books are short and I'm a fast reader, I might as well read two.

No comments:

Post a Comment