Friday 5 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 5- BERRY PICKING

Friday 5th December 2014
20 sleeps till Christmas

Berry colours are definitely my thing, I absolutely love them the most over any other annual makeup trend and they are guaranteed to always look good. Berries are the perfect autumn/winter colours and I feel so in my element right now.

I'd just like to say that I find it super hard to photograph lipsticks properly and therefore I haven't done the individual pictures here, however I do think the packaging of the three lipsticks show the true colours pretty accurately. I am reusing many of yesterday's pictures, though technically yesterday stole them from today.

Lips:
-Accessorize lipstick in 'Infatuated'; my first ever lipstick and where the love of berry stemmed from. It's creamy and quite messy but oh so beautiful.
-Topshop lipstick in 'Beguiled'; I'd had my eye on this one for quite some time. It's quite similar to the Accessorize one but it's more matte, it's beautiful and no where near as dark as it looks in the tube.
-Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107;  a cult favourite and one of my personal favourites that I actually like to wear all year round. This is a more red toned lipstick rather than purple like the other two mentioned above.
-Vaseline Limited Edition in 'Paint the Town'; similar to Rimmel 107 in that it is more of a red colour (though it comes out as a sheer dark pinkish red), especially fitting here as it smells like berries.

-Body Shop Born Lippy in 'Plum'; this comes out sheer but it has the most incredible smell in the world and I would smell it all day everyday if I could.

-Body Shop Born Lippy in 'Passion Berry'; another sheer purple balm, but much stickier and a lot less creamy than the other Born Lippy (this one is in a pot whereas the other is in stick-form).

Face:
-Sleek blusher in 'Flushed'; I feel that blushers in this colour are difficult to pull off without looking like you've been slapped in the face, and so far I haven't quite mastered that. It's more pinky than it appears in the picture.

Eyes:
-Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Metallic Pomegranate'; like dark blushers, it can be hard to wear darker purple/red eyeshadows without looking like you've been hit in the eye. This colour is so beautiful I'm determined to make it work.

-Sleek palette in 'Oh So Special'; I've mentioned this palette way too much recently but it has the most eprfect selection of colours that are suitable all year round. Obviously not all of this palette is berry coloured, but I'd like to specifically mention the shades 'Gateau', 'Celebrate' and 'Glitz'. These colours all have the plus point of being glittery and therefore perfect for the winter party season.

Nails:
-Barry M Gelly polish in 'Plum'; if we do a throwback to last year, this was THE colour of autumn/winter 2013, I don't think it left my nails once. I love love love the Barry M Gelly range as there's such a diverse set of polishes in every colour and they truthfully don't chip. Pictured below.

-Barry M polish in 'Berry Cosmo'; such a beautiful colour that I have banged on quite a lot about recently but well deserves it. Pictured below.

-Ancient Miss Sporty nail varnish with an unknown name; it's berry, it's pretty, it's more purple than it appears on photo.

-Essie 'Bahama Mama'; I'd wanted this for ages and I won't go into much detail about it because that's coming up later this month but it's so beautiful I think I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment