Tuesday 2 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 2- EVERYDAY MAKEUP

Tuesday 2nd December 2014
23 sleeps till Christmas

I'm pretty sure I did an 'Everyday Makeup' post last December, but an update is always needed. 

Face:
Both of my everyday face products are new ones that I have discovered during the year and that I have banged on a lot about. The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is a cult favourite, but it well deserves the hype. It's undobtedly the best concealer I've used (I have the Shade 1) and it lasts a very long time on the skin.
My other favourite face product is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent, I think it's the best product for everyday wear as it's not at all noticeable and it just adds that little something to your skin without looking over the top or shiny. It's one of those products where I feel good about my skin when I wear it. 

Eyes:
As per usual, I have my never-changing, never-ending Body Shop eyeliner. I've also featured a (disgustingly old) No7 mascara, but it's not something I wear everyday because I'm simply too lazy.

In terms of eyeshadow, I don't wear it everyday but when I do I like to go for the more natural pale pinks, as being blonde and fair I think pale pinks look really pretty and not too in-your-face for everyday wear (this is why I'm dying for Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette). My go-to pink eyeshadows are Body Shop's Colour Crush eyeshadow in 'Pink Crush', Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in 'Pink Gold', and the shade 'Gateau' from the Sleek 'Oh So Special' palette.

Lips:
(I haven't included lipstick here as it's not something that I wear everyday.) I've said it multiple times before but I'll say it again, Body Shop are one of the best places out there for lip balms, I have never had a complaint or problem with one of their products, and I personally think that they're worth the slightly higher price tag for the highstreet.
Three lipbalms out of the four here are from Body Shop. I have the 'Ginger Sparkle' lip balm from last year's Christmas range as it's the perfect flavour for the winter, and the 'Glazed Apple' lip balm from this year's Christmas range (more to come on that). I also have a plum Born Lippy which smells incredible, and it just something nice and purpe-tinted and the perfect colour for the winter.
My last lip balm is the EOS raspberry and pomegranate one which smells so good and is just a really good balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment