Saturday 13 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 13- CHOCOLATE ORANGE MUFFINS

Saturday 13th December 2014
12 sleeps till Christmas

Can you believe that we're already over half way through Blogmas? I'm only just starting beginning to feel properly festive and it's worrying me.

Everyone goes mad for the chocolate and orange combination at Christmas, I mean, what stocking is complete without the Terry's classic? Inspired by my love of Chocolate Oranges and Costa's orange hot chocolate, this simple cupcake recipe is my contribution to the party.

I ended up making muffins instead of cupcakes. This recipe makes roughly 13 muffins.

You Will Need:
-115g butter
-115g caster sugar
-Zest and juice of half an orange

-2 eggs
-115g self-raising flour
-25g-30g dark chocolate
-Festive muffin cases

To Make:
-Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
-Grate the half orange for the zest.
-Beat together the butter, sugar and orange zest until light and fluffy.

-Beat in the eggs.
-Juice the half orange.
-Using a grater, grate the dark chocolate.
-Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour, juice of the half orange, and grated chocolate.

-Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
-Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
-Leave to cool.
Nails- Essie 'Bahama Mama'

I am very popular with my family after making these.

No comments:

Post a Comment