Wednesday 3 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 3- DECEMBER PLAYLIST

Wednesday 3rd December 2014
22 sleeps till Christmas

There's not all that much new music that I've been listening to recently, so I thought I'd do a combination of that and my favourite Christmas music. Now is a good time to discuss the new version of Band Aid, to be honest I personally really didn't like this one. On the whole I think it's a great idea and a great thing, but in my eyes no version will ever beat the original, which has some really beautiful voices on it.

All I Want for Christmas is a Bass Trombone- A Brassy Christmas
My family are big brass nuts and we stand by the theory that all songs are made better with brass. I've literally had this song stuck in my head since last December and there's been many an awkward situation of singing it out loud to myself by accident.

Hark the Herald Angels Sing- Busted
Yes, you heard me correctly, this is a real thing. And it's surprisingly really good. It just makes me so happy that this exists. Thank you Busted and the universe.

The Fairytale of New York- The Pogues
This is a classic in that it has very little to do with Christmas, and masses to do with two people insulting each other. And boy are there some beautiful insults in there. I challenge anyone to listen to this song without screaming along to "And the boys of the NYPD choir were singing 'Galway Bay'" with as much passion as they possible can.

Step Into Christmas- Elton John
A realisation of last Christmas was that this is one of my favourites. Elton John is always great, and this is such an upbeat, fantastic song, typical to the rest of his music.

Wonderful Christmastime- Paul McCartney
You've either got to love Paul McCartney's song or John Lennon's, I love Paul McCartney's. Both the Christmas songs by ex-Beatles are the first two songs on my Christmas album and for me they basically represent everything about Christmas. I'm getting very sentimental over here.

I Believe in Father Christas- Greg Lake
I think this is my new favourite Christmas song of 2014. It's an underrated one but is really quite beautiful.

5 Seconds of Summer
Guilty pleasure here, but I've really got back into 5SOS lately. Particular shoutout to 'She Looks so Perfect', 'Try Hard', 'Don't Stop' and 'Good Girls'.

No comments:

Post a Comment